Painters prepare, protect and decorate the interior and exterior surfaces, such as wood, masonry, masonry, plaster or whitish areas, cement, stucco, and metal. To do this, they make use of paints, wallpaper and other types of finishes (varied high-quality coatings, waterproof materials, fireproof materials, varnishes, lacquers, among others). Usually, painters Toronto work autonomously or independently; however, they can also be hired by Construction Managers, Contractors or by the maintenance area of buildings and other establishments.
Principal functions of a painter:
Here are the most common functions of a Painter:
Read specifications to determine the quantities of materials required and examine the interior and exterior of buildings to decide the procedure or technique to use:
- Advise customers on the selection of color schemes and the type of coatings to use.
- Follow specific instructions in terms of style, color, and finish.
- Order and maintain supplies of paints and materials.
- Assemble scaffolding due to the impossibility of reaching the work area due to the height.
Prepare, protect and repair surfaces:
- Prepare and clean surfaces using scraping, sanding, polishing, and hydro-washing and steam cleaning techniques.
- Remove old wallpaper and paint peels.
- Repair cracks and holes in the walls using fillers such as resin and putty or chew.
- Apply sealant.
Combine and reproduce colors as necessary: Mix and dilute the paints to obtain the desired color and texture.
Apply paints and other materials, such as dyes, lacquers, enamels, lubricants, varnishes, glass fibers, metal coatings and fireproof materials using brushes, rollers or spray equipment:
- Mix the materials needed to prepare the paste for application.
- Create decorative effects and special finishes, as required.
- Apply the necessary finishing layers.
Install wall coverings: Measure, cut and apply wallpaper or fabrics to the walls.
Clean properly once the work is finished and maintains order during the execution of the project:
- Protect and keep out of reach tools, equipment, and materials at the end of each workday.
- Dismantle the scaffolding when required.
Prepare estimates: Analyze, collect, calculate and compare information.
Daily tasks of a Painter:
- Prepare, clean and protect the interior and exterior of the surfaces to be painted.
- Apply paint, wallpaper, and other materials and finishes to surfaces.
Painters must demonstrate excellent skills in the application of paint, wallpaper or coatings on the interior or exterior surfaces. In the same way, painters Toronto must have mastery of the properties of these and be familiar with the techniques and tools to perform sanding, scraping, polishing, and hydro-washing and steam cleaning. On the other hand, managing the area relevant to the repair of furniture or painting techniques in powder and liquid media gives added value to the candidate’s profile.
Finally, painters Toronto should be willing to have flexible working hours that they can understand on weekends and holidays, as regular schedules of eight hours a day. Due to the need to move to the area where the project is being executed, it is recommended that these professionals have a driving license and, if possible, a proper and appropriate vehicle, to be able to mobilize along with their work tools to the designated area.